Friday, February 17, 2006

Winter Olympics Week 1 Round-Up


The have almost hit the midway point, not that anyone has noticed. I’m sure most everyone has heard the blame game already with people pointing out the ability to read the results on the internet, the lack of stars heading into the games with the two biggest being Michelle Kwan, who dropped out, and Bode Miller, who so far has been a virtual no show. Not that the games have been able to produce any new stars. And even though America has already racked up a few gold’s, I doubt the average person couldn’t name one aside from the Flying Tomato and even then I doubt anyone knows his real name. Of course the most blame lies in the Winter Olympics themselves because, besides Hockey, there are not any real sports in these games although I find curling tranquil and that new snowboarding event is extremely entertaining. But on Wednesday when I turned on the Olympics all I saw was dude’s figure skating. I can almost understand why people turned to American Karaoke instead. Granted I instead utilized the off button as I don’t care to watch dudes poorly singing crappy songs.

Amanda Beard, yeah, I'd hit thatBut there is another culprit to blame the lack of interest of these games, and magazines of that ilk, for not bombarding us with half named pictures of Sasha Cohen and the other female athletes. Remember two years ago in the run-up of the Greece games there were plenty of pictorials of various women who were going to participate in the games, like Amanda Beard at right. I’m sure every guy has those picture luring somewhere on your hard drive and I bet many of you stopped reading this after seeing the picture and went looking for them. Even got into the action, granted if my memory serves me correct, almost all of those athletes didn’t actually qualify for the game. Oh well, it's not as if anyone who saw the pictures cared anyways.

Tanith Belbin, yeah, I'd hit thatEven though there isn’t as many as the Summer Games, there is still plenty of hotties to choose from like the previously mention Cohen. And supposable there is an ice dancer so hot, Congress put her on the fast track to naturalization, as she is Canadian, and Bush took time out of fighting the war on terror, fixing social security, rebuilding New Orleans, and distancing himself from Jack Abramoff to sign off on it to make sure she made the deadline to be eligible to compete from the USA. Oh, and if you want to see her for yourself, her name is Tanith Belbin if you want to see more pictures than the one to the right. Feel free to use the google search box on my sidebar. And aside from Belbin, is any guy not interesting is seeing the curling sisters out of their warm-up suits? The skin mags really dropped the ball on this. Plus why didn’t Sports Illustrated, with it’s annual Swimsuit Edition coming out during the Winter Olympics, not try to capitalize on it by having a layout of the competitors, not that I’m against the layout they went with instead.

And one more almost Olympics topic, to the dude who came to my site from U.S. House of Representatives looking for pictures of Natalie Coughlin, please stop wasting my tax money by searching for pictures of chicks. Don’t you have better things to do? For those that don’t, here’s another picture of Tanith with her partner, a.k.a. one of the luckiest people alive. Seriously, this is just like the weird drama guy in high school who got to hang out with all the hot drama chicks.

Tanith Belbin with one lucky dude

No comments:

Post a Comment