Monday, July 16, 2012

I Want My Music Television - 7/16/12


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I thought I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


Breaking Down – Florence + the Machine



I would never have guessed that Florence + the Machine would go the old school Americana route for making a video. It just does not match the epicness of their music.


Two Way Street – Kimbra



It is a shame there is not a song on her album as good as Somebody that I Used to Know because Kimbra’s album as a whole is much better than the one Gotye put out. So she really has not had a single catch on stateside (although Warrior should have been much bigger than it is, I wonder if the sigma of being associated with Converse hurt it at all). Hopefully for her sophomore album she hooks up with some producers that can take her to that next level.


Man on Fire – Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros



Honestly, this is the last video I would have expected the hippie enclave Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros to released. It looks like more like a promo I would expect to see for some crappy Lifetime reality show.


Heartbeat – JJAMZ



For those that have never heard of JJAMZ, they are a supergroup of sorts featuring members of The Like, Phantom Planet, Maroon 5, and Rilo Kiley. As for the video, thanks to the synthy track, I am not surprised that the video is inspired by the 80’s but it is a little odd that they started off the video with a serious kidnapping message when the video itself plays like a campy, horror film from the decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment