Saturday, February 28, 2009

57 Channels and Only This Is On vol. LXIX


Confessions of a Teen Idol: Now that the season has ended, may I suggest a female version starring Winnie Cooper, Debbie Gibson, the Token Hot Chick from Can't Buy Me Love, the creepy girl from Small Wonders, Kimmy Gibler and Shanice. You can download Confessions of a Teen Idol on iTunes.

Chuck: So last week Chuck downloaded a whole other Intercect into his brain and saved the Token Hot Chick from a mind melt. And this week no mention of either this week. Not that I really care because I was too busy jamming to Jeffster to notice. Fernando really made that scene though. Unfortunately it didn’t distract enough from a heavy dose of Morgan whom Chuck should have let die. But I have to admit those two and Jeffster spying on Anna while the Token Hot Chick and Casey spied on them was pretty funny. You can stream current episodes over at NBC.com. You can also download Chuck on iTunes.

Lost: I hate these episodes where we know everything that was going to happen. We knew Locke was going to get rejected by the Oceanic 6 yet we spend a whole hour seeing him do just that. But Holy Walt sighting! Of course that ended up being a waste because Locke didn’t bother to ask him to go back. The only things that happened were we found out that Locke was alive with the second castaways (which I predicted, well the separate events happening) and that Not-Henry killed Locke (which I didn’t predict).

And I really dislike the seemingly arbitrary time travel: the Jack, Kate, Hurley, Jin, Sawyer, Juliet, Faraday do; Ben, Lepidus, the Others don’t; Locke did, but doesn’t now. Then there are Sun and Syaid who are yet to be determined (my guess is they are even though everyone thinks Sun is the one that ran off with Lepidus, my guess it is a not son dead Charlotte.

But my biggest complaint is Ben lying about not going to Locke, basically meaning that we cannot believe anything he says, and Whitmore for that matter. In fact, I seriously question if Helen is really dead (was that Peg Bundy?) but just an elaborate hoax perpetrated by Whitmore to make sure Locke had nothing to live for. So basically half the things we “know” on Lost could just b be a lie created by either Ben or Whitmore. My hopes of a satisfying ending to the show decreases wit every passing episode. You can stream current episodes over at ABC.com.

Lost on iTunes


Survivor: If Coach gets voted off in the next couple of weeks he can rest in the solace that he can be cast in the next season of Tool Academy. He is starting to tread into Johnny Fairplay territory. I wonder just how long until his tribe turns on him, and if the switch teams I have a feeling he would be the first to go if his tribe losses. I love the secret alliance and I cannot believe it has taken this long for someone to start one. I just wonder if the dude Taj recruits will be down but I am sure Sierra will be up for it. You can stream current episodes over at Innertube.

Survivor on iTunes


Friday Night Lights: You really fault Landry for making a move on the lesbian: how can you resist a chick that serenades you with She Don’t Use Jelly by The Flaming Lips. Although I’m not sure I like the musical direction Crucifitorious is taking. And is there any bigger slap in the face to Buddy Garrity to have his kids be into soccer and Veganism? It was hard not to feel bad for the guy (and I certainly didn’t need to hear about his daughter’s lady parts). And I wonder what the Over/Under is on the games before Mr. McCoy is banned from the football field. You can stream current episodes over at NBC.com.

Friday Night Lights on iTunes




No comments:

Post a Comment