Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I Want My Music Television vol. XLII




Lucky - Jason Mraz with Colbie Caillat



A couple weeks ago one of the major record labels pulled all their videos off YouTube, but I still go there first when looking for new ones intuitively. When I searched for the new Jason Mraz video I found one with a new notice: “This video contains an audio track that has not been authorized by all copyright holders. The audio has been disabled.” So you basically are watching the music with the mute button on because YouTube won’t pull the video but has to strip the audio to avoid copy write infringement. I love getting caught in the middle of uber rich entities fighting with other uber rich entities over pennies.


ManWomanBoogie - Q-Tip featuring Amanda Diva



Yet another reason why Q-Tip landed in at number two of the Best Albums of 2008 list. I can’t imagine anyone who couldn’t get behind this bass line. If you haven’t checked out The Renaissance yet, do yourself a favor and pick it up.


Sooner or Later - N.E.R.D.



Sounds very much like Maybe which may be my favorite N.E.R.D. song. Get it? I guess that is why I never went into stand up. And what is up with the gratuitous Zune product placement.


February Air - Lights



And the very first headscratchingly absurd video of 2009 goes to Canadian artist Lights. Still I watched it about ten times when I first came across it.

No comments:

Post a Comment