Sunday, November 19, 2006

Don't Download These Videos vol. VI


There have been a couple of videos that have caught my eye lately so I though I’d give them some love since the death of Musical Television left a void for a forum on the art form so here they are courtesy of YouTube. I advise you to watch them before you read my reviews if you don’t want me to spoil things. If you are interested in buying the video through iTunes, click the title link (where available, if not the link goes to where you can watch the video in full screen). If you are interested in buying the song, look for a link in the analysis.


Do I Creep You Out - “Weird Al” Yankovic



If there is one good thing about American Karaoke, it gave us who is moderately attractive. But if there were a second good thing to come out from the show it would be that it spawned this video and parody from . Yeah, I can't say I have heard the orginal version, but that doesn't make it any less brilliant. I may actually like this more than the White and Nerdy video. And for those that were wondering, the video is from Jib Jab, the guys behind those brilliantly funny political parodies from two years ago. Oh and what really makes the song great is that dude totally creeps me out so it's nice to know Al thinks the same thing.


Learn to Live with What You Are - Ben Folds



Then there’s Al’s buddy who has a hilarious video of his own. I can’t help think of Dodgeball with Folds walking around the city in a pirate’s outfit.


Illegal - Shakira



It should go without saying that is uber-hot, but I always thought her perm was somewhat of a turn off so the look in this video is easily her best yet. Throw in some boxing and I’m thoroughly entertained. Oh and for those who didn’t realize, that’s Carlos Santana on the guitar.


No Description (and not necessarily safe for work)



I really can’t describe this video, just watch it, you should definitely like it. If you don’t, well I feel sorry for you. Oh and don’t forget to check out the new video if you haven’t already.

1 comment:

  1. cannot hear, pls add caption if you don't mind... thanks!!

    ReplyDelete