Friday, July 28, 2006

Give a Little Bit


Blogathon starts up in a couple hours (or already has depending on when you read this), not that I’ll be participating on account that I need as much beauty sleep as I can get. Well that and the people over at Blogathon didn’t think the Scooter McGavin Is Poor Fund was worthy enough. But anyways. Just because I won’t be doing a post every thirty minutes, doesn’t mean you can’t donate to some of my favorite charities, oh, like:

Liverstrong

Susan G. Kormen Breast Cancer Foundation

Leary Firefighters

Red Cross

Jimmy V Foundation

And of course if you are interested in donate to the Scooter McGavin Is Poor Fund, just shoot me an e-mail.

Now you may be saying “But Scooter, I’m so poor I make you look like Warren Buffet.” Well if that is the case, let me tell you a story. There was one guy who like us was so poor all he had to give at a recent Relay for Life was a quarter. He then said to one of the workers,

“I know twenty-five cents isn’t much, but do you know what a quarter can buy? It can buy a microscope slide and hopefully mine is the slide that is used when they finds the cure for cancer.”
So even if all you can spare is a quarter, that just may be the quarter that makes a difference.

Now like I said I won’t be participating in the Blogathon, but here are some of my favorite bloggers who will be, so you can check them out all day Saturday with a new post every thirty minutes:

Luka (National Down Syndrome Society)

All Night Org. (Maryland SPCA)

Katili (Planned Parenthood)


And maybe if you ask nicely in my comments, I may add you to the list if you are participating.

1 comment:

  1. Oo. I'll be participating at http://www.katscratcfever.com :) I think it's awesome that you posted about it!

    ReplyDelete